Home Help Search Login Register Milton Freecycle Milton Phone Book My Milton Home
Welcome Guest! Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 04:42:28 AM
MiltonTalks is a forum for all Halton Hills and Town Of Milton residents. If you want your voice to be heard, JOIN US!!!

Milton Freecycle! Rotary Club Of Milton!

Milton Talks  |  Milton's Expansion  |  Milton's Expansion  |  Topic: A Milton Hwy Bus Stop 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Milton Hwy Bus Stop  (Read 11574 times)
PaulG

« on: January 16, 2008, 11:00:42 AM »

One time I wanted to go from Kitchener to Milton on Greyhound, but the only way to get there was by going to downtown Toronto first.   I watched Milton go by as the bus passed it on the 401.   Censored  Smiley

So I made this map of a Milton Hwy Bus Stop.

North side, South side or No side?

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:37:05 PM by PaulG » Logged
malcolm

Welcome To Milton

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 09:17:49 AM »

Great Job Paul.
Your proposed parking lot and bus stop would be on the north-west quadrant of the Highway #25 and #401 interchange.

I will be passing your proposal onto Gary Carr the Regional Chairman who also is Halton's representative on the new Metrolinx and GO Transit Board who are currently looking at expanding bus and rail transit outside the current GTA limits. Check metrolinx.ca for details and initial reports.

There is no current plans for a bus stop and parking area at this interchange as there is not much demand for transit from the Kitchener-Cambridge area to Milton and vice versus, but I would be interested in hearing from anyone who wants this bus stop as the Town and Region could work with the Ministry of Transport, Go Transit and bus companies to build it.

I know there is a number of people who drive from areas west of Milton to get on the GO Train on Main Street, this stop and an express route into Toronto may be an alternative.

Colin Best
Local & regional councillor
Wards 2 & 4
Milton/Halton
Member of the Halton Transportation Advisory Committee
colin.best@milton.ca
jojorules

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 02:11:06 PM »

did this idea ever come to fruition?
malcolm

Welcome To Milton

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 11:03:21 AM »

Hi Jojorules

The Town of Milton has requested the bus companies and the Metrolinx agency to look into the proposal at their last council meeting as part of the mobility hub proposals it make take a few years to implement as staff have found the bus companies found there was not much of a market for it.

Also GO Transit has announced the start of the north-south bus routes starting June 13th 2008 from the Milton and Bronte Go Train Stations up and down Highway #25 up to 13 times a day stopping at the #407 car pool lot for east-west #407 bus routes and also GO is working on all day GO train service on the Milton line similar to the Lakeshore line in 2009.

Check metrolinx and Go Transit web sites for more information.

Colin Best
Local & regional councillor
Wards 2 & 4
Milton/Halton
Member of the Halton Transportation Advisory Committee.
PaulG

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 07:23:51 PM »

Thanks for putting forward my idea.

There seems to be some interest in transit between Milton and Kitchener, here are a few searches I've noticed people have used when finding my page.

train routes from milton to waterloo
waterloo bus to milton, ontario
greyhound stop in milton?
is there a bus from kitchener to milton
milton go station bus to kitchener
Bus Kitchener to Milton, ON

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 11:14:31 PM by PaulG » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Milton Talks  |  Milton's Expansion  |  Milton's Expansion  |  Topic: A Milton Hwy Bus Stop « previous next »
Jump to:  
Sponsors Of Milton Talks
If you would like your company, business or web site listed here. Please Contact Us for more details
Welcome To The Rotary Club Of Milton
MiltonFreecycle
MiltonTalks
MM_Banner
RegisterPlanet
TMLFever
DigitalDayBreak
HPMBanner
ADVERTISER ARENA: Advertise here to help keep this forum FREE. Contact us through the Main Site menu on the left.
Corum Mobile | Creative Trademarks | Golden Horseshoe Orienteering Club | Halton County Radial Railway | Leaf Tickets | Monk Toys
NHL Playoff Tickets | Register Planet

Login with username, password and session length